Note: This article is for use by Billing Administrators or those club members that handle dues billing and invoices.
What is the Member Dues & Invoicing Module?
It is a way to manage the dues billing process, from the generation of invoices to receiving in payments.
What it is not:
The module is not a replacement for an accounting system (Aplos, Quickbooks, Peachtree, Xero, etc).
- Generate and distribute invoices quickly and manage all invoices in one place. Once initial setup is complete, generating and distributing invoices to members via email (if they have email) can be done in minutes. The billing module allows you to print out invoices for members without email.
- Track payment status. Record payments made via any means in the system so you can track who has and has not paid.
- Facilitate credit card payments for invoices. This is optional, but provides a convenient payment option for both you and the members.
- Members can access to their own paid invoices. This is good new for you because if a member needs to view or even print an invoice that they paid, he or she can do that on their own.
How do I get started?
First, you need to assign yourself the role of Billing Administrator:
1. Click the Admin icon on the navigation menu on the left.
2. Locate the Members heading
- For KIWANIS clubs: Locate Manage roles, then click the Select button.
- For Non-KIWANIS clubs: Locate the Add/edit/delete members, then click the Select button.
3. Locate your name in the list, then click the icon that looks like an index card. Click Billing Administrator and then click the Save button to assign yourself the Billing Administrator role.
You have been assigned the Billing Administrator role. Next you need to set up the billing configuration for your club or group.
- Return to the Admin area, locate Member Dues & Invoicing under the Financial heading, then click click the title. You will continue to return to the main Billing Configuration page as you work through each step of the configuration. There are several steps, but this process needs to be done only one time. The entire process should only take about 10-15 minutes to complete.
The following articles will guide you the rest of the way.
- Member Dues & Invoicing Configuration - This is the initial setup of the module. Needs to be done only once. Click below to download and print the pdf document that will guide you step by step through the configuration process.
Click the following links to access online support articles about other billing module topics:
- Create Invoices for All members (Bulk Invoices)
- Managing the Invoice Workflow - This article will show you how to monitor and manage invoice status.
- Receiving Payment for an Invoice